Tuesday, July 14, 2015

8/31 - Crafty Me: Fingerless Gloves

8/31 you guys! I turn the ripe old age of 31 in September so I officially have less than 2 months to complete 19 more projects. Totally unachievable, (I'm such a glass half full kind of person) what was I thinking? I do actually have a pile of things to share but I've not yet managed to produce photographic evidence so it's not quite as dire as it seems (really though, I should have started this project when I was 25).

Full disclosure, these gloves were not made to give as a gift or to keep for me but to list in my Felt store. I've been feeling the need for a new laptop and perhaps a fancy scmancy camera for this blogging malarkey but let's be real, those aren't things I need, per se and not exactly impulse buys you grab on the way home from work on a whim. 

I don't have the cash lying around to make these things happen so I figured I'd see if I could turn some wool into gold. Also, I have a ton of pairs of these for myself already and pretty much everyone in my family has already been given a pair as a gift at some point in the last 5 years. 

So yeah, gloves: 




I made a few pairs in a few different colours but I fell in love with this aqua yarn a few years back and I'm still totally smitten. I love it so much I have nail polish to match. Not even kidding. 

The pattern is mine and the Ravelry details are here if you're a curious person who crafts things from yarn and you want to have a lookie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment