Sunday, July 5, 2015

Crafty Me 6/31 - Tiny Dinosaur

This one is old and I really must get better at recording these things, especially when they're related to dinosaurs. I made this costume for Pai for her 4th birthday, back in April using a pattern lent to me by one of her former preschool teachers. The pattern allows for all sorts of modifications (bear/lion/mouse) but it's from the early 90's from what I can tell and it all smells a bit too much of my own childhood. That combined with Pai's dedication to all things dinosaur, made it an easy choice.

I love handmade gifts and I love the idea of making from scratch, buying as little as possible brand-new and those nice things but let's be real. I need sleep too much to be one of those mamas. I'm not being a hater, if you want to make all your children's toys from nothing but a toothpick and blu-tack then go right ahead. All I'm saying is that despite the fact that I like to make stuff, I work full time and so 9 times out of 10, I'm going to choose sleep over lovingly hand stitching "made by mum" labels into the collars of clothing I made with my own bare hands.

Here's some photographic evidence that I made something that my kid really likes. She is wearing dinosaur slippers on her feet in a public place because I cannot say no to a kid in a dinosaur costume.

mid rawr


Til next time, I'm going to go make stuff to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment