Monday, June 1, 2015

Crafty me 4/31 - The blanket

This one deserves a moment of silence for the momentus occasion that is its completion... (everyone else paused here, right?) aaaand let's continue. This is the project I began when I started my full time job last year. 

It's no secret that I'm a bus crafter, I like to have a commuters project on me for my 40 minute bus ride at each end of my work day. This blanket, however quickly became too large to be taken on my daily ride and so after a good start (such energy!  Such intention! Such a short attention span!) It became something of a drag. I'd pick it up and work a few rows while watching a movie but often found other important things  my hands needed to do (like eat popcorn, priorities) that impeded my progress. To consider making a blanket as large as this as a first blanket is probably not the smartest thing when you are quick to give your love to new smaller projects. I'm a sucker for the gratification that comes with a quick easy pattern and so my relationship with this blanket was very troubled with much on again/off again.

which makes this finished product one of my absolute favourites. It's beautiful and it shows I have stick-at-it-ness. If that's not a win-win I don't know what is.

Let's have a look at her shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment