Saturday, June 20, 2015

5/31 - Crafty me. Kid bear cowl hood thing

So this is pretty freaken cute. A cowl, with a hood, with ears. Am I right in saying that adding animal ears to anything makes it automatically 77% cuter?

After an unexpected bereavement on R's side of the family, I found myself packing Edie's bag for a flight to Te Wai Pounamu, or the South Island of NZ. It's cold down there and as I folded teeny tees and underpants I realise my poor neglected child didn't have an appropriate winter hat. We had a too-small leftover from the year before and a couple of other cute numbers that I loved and Edie did not and so I decided to whip this up using a pattern purchased via ravelry and wool I had lying around (hoping that what I had was enough because running out of wool when I'm 90% finished a project is pretty much the story of my crafting life).

Edie likes it, wears it (the true test of success is whether contrary preschoolers accept or moodily reject finished projects) and only sometimes throws it aside in annoying places. -like that time we dropped off our rental car and were heading towards departures to check in for our flight home and I notice she wasn't wearing her hood. It was still in the rental car and Edie didn't mention that she left it behind because "she wasn't actually very cold".

Ravelry deets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment