Saturday, March 14, 2015

About 31

Whether or not anyone has noticed or not, I thought I'd share what the 31 project thing is all about. If not for nothing else than to get it clear inside my head. So here's the run down


  • I turn 31 this year. In September. I am completely comfortable with this. I'm mostly not scared of ageing and feel better in my 30 year old skin than I ever did at 21. 
  • In June last year I was a full-time Stay at Home Maker. I had 2 busy online stores and stocked multiple shops as well. I was always creating.
  • I went to work outside the home in July.
  • After starting my new job and once our family had adjusted to the massive upheaval that it was, I had mega makers burnout. I was uninspired and lacked any kind of motivation to be creative
  • Now, 9 months later I'm ready to be creative again but I still need to push myself at times to make it happen. I get enormous satisfaction from making stuff but between 2 kids, a full time job, study (I study te reo Māori and attend night classes) and a partner, creativity gets pushed aside all of the times out of 10.

I decided during my (wonderful, wonderful) 10 day holiday break in January that I was going to get my craft on in 2015 and the idea of completing 31 projects before 31 seemed achievable (seemed being a key word here). Being creative is where I find my shiny happy (not the only place I find it but yeah) so I decided to make it a priority for myself.

And that's it, 31 before 31. That's the plan anyways...


No comments:

Post a Comment